The online application to graduate in December 2017 is now open - if you anticipate graduating in December 2017, you must complete the online graduation application by October 6th, 2017. Applications will not be accepted after this date.
Please note, if you applied to graduate in a prior term but your degree was not granted, you MUST submit a new graduation application for December 2017.
If you will not complete all degree requirements by the conclusion of the fall term, please do not submit a graduation application at this time. Only students who will complete all requirements by that time will be eligible for December graduation.
Below are the steps to apply for December graduation. Please use Internet Explorer:
1. Log into the WVU Portal http://portal.wvu.edu
2. Click on the STAR tab
3. Click on the link “Click here to log into Degree Works”
4. Verify major(s), minor(s), and area of emphasis (if applicable) are correct
If you find an error:
- Email Ronda Maxon (firstname.lastname@example.org) the details about what is incorrect in Degree Works.
- Do not apply for graduation. If information in Degree Works is incorrect, your application will have to be denied.
- If you have already applied and the information in Degree Works is wrong, please contact Ronda immediately.
If everything is correct:
1. Log into your WVU Portal
2. Click on the STAR Tab
3. Locate the “DegreeWorks” section
4. Click on the link “Click here to log into DegreeWorks”
5. Locate the “Graduation Application” field in the top information block
6. Click the “Apply to Graduate” link
7. (Please see attachment if you cannot find the link.
You will receive an email from email@example.com when your application is either approved or denied. Please add this email to your contacts to prevent it from going to SPAM.
If the address information listed on the application is incorrect, you must correct it in STAR. The address listed in STAR is where your diploma will be mailed.
If you have issues logging into your WVU Portal account, please contact the OIT help desk at (304) 293-4444.
Questions about graduation certification should be directed to Ronda Maxon at firstname.lastname@example.org . Questions about your coursework or incomplete requirements should be directed to your academic advisor.
The registration link to walk in the December Commencement ceremony will go live in mid-October. We will share it as soon as it is available. In addition, the College plans to hold a December Graduate Open House—this information will also be released in mid-October.