The Mountaineer Health Initiative is hosting a multidisciplinary panel on Appalachian poverty and its impact on health outcomes on Wednesday March 29 4:00-6:00 p.m. at The Erickson Alumni Center A-B. The panel will be moderated by WVU Provost Joyce McConnell.
Objectives are to examine the issue from different perspectives and determine the role WVU can play in providing meaningful solutions. Panelists include:
•Valarie Blake, J.D., WVU College of Law
• Rita Colistra, Ph.D., WVU Reed College of Media
• Lynne Cossman, Ph.D., WVU Eberly College of Arts and Sciences (Sociology)
• John Deskins, Ph.D., WVU College of Business and Economics
• Clay Marsh, M.D., WVU School of Medicine and Health Sciences Center
• Travis Stimeling, Ph.D., WVU College of Creative Arts (Music)
• David Weissman, M.D., WVU School of Medicine and National
Institute for Occupational Safety and Health
Time for Q&A and networking will follow the panel presentation.