Learning by doing has earned students at the WVU Reed College of Media high praise from West Virginia communications professionals.
The College of Media and its students won 11 Crystal Awards and five honorable mentions at the Public Relations Society of America West Virginia Chapter Awards Gala in Charleston on June 17. The Crystal Award is the top prize in each of the Association’s award categories.
This year’s entries were judged by the PRSA Chapter in Houston, Texas. Here is a complete list of awards won by the WVU Reed College of Media and its students:
WVU chapter of Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA)• Crystal Award – Chapter of the Year
• Crystal Award – Best Electronic Communication for their blog
Assistant Professor Geah Pressgrove’s students:
• Crystal Award – Special Events Seven Days or Less category for her event planning class’ Morgantown Eats Culinary Crawl event
• Honorable Mention – Community Relations Campaign category for a capstone class’ Enhance WVU health intervention campaign
Associate Professor Rita Colistra’s capstone students – awards listed by campaign:
Morgantown Early Learning Facility (ELF) (spring 2014)
• Crystal Award for Community Relations Campaign• Crystal Award for Website
• Crystal Award for Logo
• Crystal Award for Long-form Video
• Honorable Mention for Poster
Green Earth Event Services (GEES) (spring 2014)
• Crystal Award for External Communications Campaign
• Honorable Mention for Research
MSNAP Campaign Team (fall 2014)
• Crystal Award for Research
College of Media
• Crystal Award in the Brochure (non-profit) category for their 2014-15 undergraduate recruitment viewbook
• Honorable Mention in the Magazine or Newsletter External (non-profit) category for the College’s 75th Anniversary special edition magazine 2014
College of Media Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) online graduate program:
• Crystal Award in the Long Form Video (non-profit) category for a graduate profile piece
• Honorable Mention in the Special Events-Seven Days or Less (non-profit) category for the INTEGRATE 2014 Conference
Chartered in 1979, the West Virginia Chapter of PRSA is an organization consisting of public relations professionals in the state.
A complete list of winners will be posted on the PRSA website.
Read the official release at WVU Today.