Lots of leads this week! If you have any questions about these or need more information, just ask! Please be specific about the opportunity you’re asking about when you call or email Eric Minor.
· StratComm (ADV/PR) – Morgantown-based EdVenture Group (nonprofit educational consulting company) seeks PAID Marketing Intern for fall semester. Duties include social media, community relations, and communications planning. 8-12 hours per week. Send resume, cover letter and work samples to Jill Fratto email@example.com.
· Journalism (TVJ) – Locally produced, nationally televised reality TV show seeks production assistant intern. Some travel required. Fly Rod Chronicles with Curtis Fleming airs nationally on Outdoor Channel. Send cover letter, resume and work samples to Jarod McClure, Producer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Journalism (TVJ)—PAID runners needed for broadcast of WVU-Oklahoma game on Fox Sports. Runners assist with live production on game day (7:30 pm on September 20th). Additional help may be needed for set-up on Friday, September 19th. Email me for details.
· Journalism (Print, TVJ, VISJ) – Newly-launched BIG 12 focused website HeartlandCollegeSports.com seeks students to cover WVU sports. Two articles per month requested. Flexibility within your academic and work schedule. Send cover letter, resume and work samples to Peter Mundo at email@example.com.
· StratComm (PR/ADV) – DC-based Partnership for a Healthier America seeks a fall communications/events intern to assist with annual Summit meeting, held in February 2015. First Lady Michelle Obama serves as PHA’s Honorary Chair. Contact me for information on how to apply.
· ALL MAJORS – The Smithsonian Institution has more than a dozen internships posted RIGHT NOW! Some of these require being in Washington, DC, but others are “virtual” internships that you can do remotely from anywhere. Visit this site today: http://www.smithsonianofi.com/.
· ALL MAJORS – The Peace Corps seeks campus ambassadors to help expand their reach. Includes posting and creating social media content. Send a request for an application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· StratComm (ADV/PR) Pittsburgh-based Goodwill Workforce Development Center seeks Marketing and Digital Media Intern. Experience with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop a plus. 10-15 hours per week. Send resume, cover letter to Ryan Shalek at email@example.com.
· Journalism (TVJ) – Mountaineer Game Day (live television program produced in Morgantown) seeks student volunteers for weekly production. Positions include stage/floor manager, camera operator (at Mountaineer Field) and other studio work. Contact me for more information.
· StratComm (ADV/PR) – STILL AVAILABLE: Racer X Magazine/Filter Publications seeks PAID marketing intern to assist with new issue marketing, social media and advertiser relations. Send resume, cover letter and work samples to Jordan Roberts, Marketing Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· StratComm (PR/ADV) – Partner with the WVU College of Engineering to assist with the national EcoCar competition! We need students to assist the communication manager with outreach, media relations and other promotional activities. Contact me for info on how you can volunteer for this portfolio-boosting opportunity.
· Journalism (PRINT/TVJ) – SPORTS-FOCUSED Heartland College Sports, a start-up multimedia site based around Big 12 sports, is seeking student writers and potential podcast contributors. Contact me for more information.
· StratComm (PR/ADV/IMC) – Charleston, W.Va.-based Fahlgren Mortine is accepting applications for its account management internship. Juniors and seniors selected will be responsible for supporting client-related projects and/or deliverables. Apply here: https://careers-fahlgrenmortine.icims.com/jobs/1146/account-management-intern/job
· StratComm (PR) –WV FREE seeks Action Fund Voter Engagement & Advocacy Intern. Work 10-20 hours/week (total of 100-200 hours for internship). Send cover letter, resume and one of the the following: phone bank script, canvass script, event flyer, social media campaign, 5 social media posts, or other relevant piece) to Ciera Pennington at email@example.com by September 15th.
· ALL MAJORS! – Applications are now being accepted for our Professional Mentorship Program. This is a great opportunity to get guidance from a professional in your chosen field and make the connections and learn the tricks that could get you hired. Applications are online, in my office and in the hands of your favorite faculty member. Applications are due before noon on September 22nd.
NEW OPPORTUNITIES POSTED EVERY DAY VIA SOCIAL MEDIA:
Follow: @EricMinorWVU #OPPORTUNITYALERT
Join: WVU Reed College of Media