Make-A-Wish Southern West Virginia has an immediate opening for a dynamic self-starter for a full-time fundraising position in its Charleston office. Looking for unique individual who is bold, excellent with people and knowledgeable about community. Responsibilities include planning special events and engaging volunteers, schools and businesses to raise funds. Qualifications include excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office and social media, as well as a BA or equivalent. Related non-profit experience a plus. Organization has an excellent benefits package and an open and rewarding work environment. Send cover letter, resume, salary requirements and three references by May 31 to Make-A-Wish Southern West Virginia to email@example.com. No calls please. EOE.
Full Job Description below:
Title: Regional Development & Community Liaison – Charleston, WV
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Summary: Make-A-Wish Community Representative at all public events & activities
– Identifies and recruits foundations, corporations, schools, colleges, individuals, business and civic groups for fund-raising potential.
– Establishes a fund-raising presence in region.
– Represents the Foundation at public events and special events throughout the region.
– Works to identify referral sources and recruit referrals.
– Generates thank-you letters for all gift donations.
– Provides information for the chapter website, newsletters and volunteer updates.
– Helps assist with volunteer training and recruitment.
– Oversees special events, both internal and external.
– Secures donations of goods and services for wishes.
– Produces complete and accurate monthly reports.
– Keeps complete and accurate records of donors
– Coordinates with headquarters all local media inquiries & press releases to increase awareness of Make—A-Wish in the region.
– Performs other duties as requested by management.
– BA/BS or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
– Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word or comparative software.
– Well organized and detail-oriented.
– Committed to the mission of Make-A-Wish.
– Ability to work independently.
– Excellent interpersonal skills.
– Ability to represent Make-A-Wish in a positive light to all constituents.
– Knowledgeable about the community.
– Ability to prioritize and manage many tasks effectively. Proven success in stressful situations.
– Ability to make sound decisions in quick timeframe.
– Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
– Ability to successfully work in a collaborative, team-oriented organization.
– Successful completion of Act 34 clearance.