The VISTA member will build the Hub’s communications capacity by developing a communications strategy, promoting brand awareness developing communications toolkits and guides that can be shared with Network partners and communities, and training WV Community Development Network partners and communities in social media and website development and management. This member will coordinate with the Executive Director, Director of Community Strategies and the Operations Coordinator leadership team to support the Hub’s missions; ensuring consistency in message; and developing, monitoring and maintaining an active social media network. This position will also build the Hub’s overall organizational capacity by expanding the Community Development Network and enhancing communications among Network participants.
– Design, in collaboration with the Hub’s leadership team, and implement a communications strategy to build the capacities of the Network and the Hub. Ensure its effectiveness and encourage adoption of relevant social media techniques into the Hub’s culture, and that of all of the organization’s initiatives and partners.
– Work with the leadership team to develop procedures to ensure social media tools (for ex. FB, Twitter, website, Constant Contact) are kept up to date and monitored.
– Develop and initiate social media campaigns and day-to-day activities. Duties include online advocacy, community outreach/ networking efforts, promotions, blogs, etc.
– Enhance the Hub’s presence in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, and other similar community sites, posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications as needed
– Become an advocate of the Hub in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate
– Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize capacity building results
– Regularly feed back insights gained from social media monitoring to the leadership teams, to help them evolve their strategies in a timely fashion
– Monitor trends in social media tools and applications
– Develop toolkits and guides on organizational communications that can be disseminated to, and implemented by, others in the WV Community Development Network.
– Provide training and coaching on media to communities and Network partners as possible
– Strong project management and organizational skills
– In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, Digg, Youtube, Twitter, Flickr, Constant Contact, Skype etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios
– Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format
– Ability to build and maintain interpersonal and organizational relationships
– Team player, with the confidence to take the lead and guide others when necessary
– Good technical/software management understanding and ability to learn new tools and techniques quickly
– Solid knowledge of principles of OSM (online social media)
– Respect for, and understanding of, West Virginia culture and heritage, and an ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and persuasions
– Public relations, marketing, graphic design, community development experience, a plus