The West Virginia Grantmakers is the statewide network of private, family, corporate, and community foundations and other grantmaking institutions in West Virginia. We are committed to our mission of Strengthening Philanthropy in the Mountain State.
This internship with WV Grantmakers will allow in-depth exposure to the dynamic work of the organization. The internship is devoted to assisting the president in the research and development of programs, creating special initiatives and platforms to better serve the different sectors of grantmakers, working with committees and volunteers, and assisting with public policy outreach/advocacy work. The intern will report to the president and have an interest in the WV Grantmakers’ mission. The opportunity is a full-time or part-time position (2 to 3 days a week) and must be a minimum period of one semester or 4 months. Please note this is an unpaid position.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
– Assist the President with special programs
– Research programs, samples, or issues to serve members, philanthropy initiatives, public policy, etc.
– Assist with committee and board meetings by taking minutes, preparing materials, and distributing to the board
– Prepare reports and drafting documents for the President
– Outline and coordinate a format to communicate information and resources to specific sectors of grantmakers membership and a system wide public policy advocacy strategy
– Excellent written and oral communication, research, organization and writing skills
– Work with committees and volunteers to coordinate projects
– Ability to work independently and within the constraints of tight deadlines
– Event planning, logistics, and coordination
– Undertake special projects and assignments as needed