The Appalachian Coal Country Team (ACCT) is seeking a Summer Program Member to begin in June, 2012. The Environmental Steward Summer Program, the Office of Surface Mining (OSM) and the Department of the Interior’s Office of Youth, Partnerships & Service, are providing opportunities for 10 week summer service positions. These positions are intended to create environmental stewardship opportunities and provide professional development and hands-on experience for the Summer Program Members. The ACCT, a nonprofit that works in 7 states, is looking is looking for a PR/Marketing intern with strong writing skills to conduct for the Team.
The Summer Program Member will assist with the communications and marketing efforts of the ACCT. This includes, but is not limited to, covering Team news events and writing stories that highlight the work of the ACCT, developing a database of media contacts, and developing media toolkits to be used as a training resource. Strong writing skills are must.
- $2,000 living stipend distributed evenly over 10 weeks on a biweekly basis
- $1,132 AmeriCorps Segal Education Award to be used for qualified student loans or tuition available upon successful completion of the program
- Professional development and hands-on experience with environmental and conservation projects
- Access to innovative examples of partnerships and information for collaborative environmental restoration and community building
- College credit may be obtained, depending on Member’s host school. This is arranged by the Summer Program member and their host school.
Beckley, W.Va., with some possibility of travel.
- Must be a US Citizen, National, or Lawful Permanent Resident.
- Must be at least 17 years old at the time of enrollment and have completed at least 1 year of undergraduate education
- Must not have been convicted of murder or be a registered Sex Offender & submit to a background screening
- Must have a dedication and interest in environmental stewardship and community service
How to Apply
Please submit the Environmental Stewards Summer Program Member application form and your résumé. Only electronic submissions will be accepted and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications can be found here: http://www.hardrockteam.org/docs/SP_2012_Member_Application.doc
For questions and to submit an application, please contact Cora McCold, Program Administrative Assistant cora(at)sccorps.org or 970.403.0137
For more information about the ACCT visit www.coalcountryteam.org.