With limited supervision, the advisor of emerging/social media guides, supports and coordinates execution of TransUnion’s public relations and marketing strategy for the purposes of brand building and lead generation in the emerging/social media arena. Develops and implements emerging/social media strategic plans, policies, standard operating procedures, project plans, and tactics. Works in conjunction with Corporate Communications for the oversight and implementation of various emerging/social media communications and measurement tools, and coordinates those efforts globally. Interacts with marketing, recruiting and business teams to promote and maximize TransUnion’s brand, solutions and services in emerging/social media arenas. Identifies and analyzes issues, patterns and trends and provides guidance to a global group of marketers across three different business units.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Strategy and Governance – 30%
1. Identifies opportunities and develops strategies and guidelines for implementing scalable emerging/social media programs that generate maximum optimization and ROI.
2. Coordinates emerging/social media initiatives globally, serving as the intermediary between internal, external and third parties. Interacts with Public Relations, Marketing Communications, Global eCommerce, TransUnion Interactive, legal and HR departments as appropriate.
3. Coordinates emerging/social media efforts with SEO resource and across multiple market segments/verticals in all formats, channels and venues to maximize public relations, marketing and branding efforts.
4. Responsible for staying up-to-date on new emerging/social media tools channels, metrics, and best practices, as well as how other companies are using them.
5. Assists in the development and coordination of emerging/social media efforts in the area of crisis communications.
Monitoring and Execution – 30%
6. Takes ownership of emerging/social media performance and adjusts tactics to meet objectives.
7. Identifies and uses social media monitoring and engagement tools to monitor and participate in industry related online conversations across multiple channels.
8. Tracks the success of emerging and social media initiatives, and provides weekly reports on key performance indicators. Creates and monitors benchmarks for measuring the impact of emerging/social media programs and campaigns and reports on their effectiveness.
9. Conducts competitive analysis for research purposes.
10. Identifies threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding our brand; reports concerns to appropriate parties and suggests appropriate course of action to minimize impact.
Content – 30%
11. Creates, maintains and executes a social media editorial calendar and posting schedule, coordinating with Public Relations, Marketing Communications, Global eCommerce and TransUnion Interactive
12. Identifies and repurposes content from multiple internal and external communications channels.
13. Builds and maintains a content distribution network by way of emerging/social media channels.
14. Leads public relations, Marketing Communication, Global eCommerce and TransUnion Interactive colleagues and subject matter experts to create engaging, accurate, search-engine friendly content (campaigns, blog posts, articles, podcasts, videos).
15. Reviews content with Public Relations, Marketing Communications, Global eCommerce, TransUnion Interactive, Legal, etc. as appropriate to ensure integration with brand, messaging and legal guidelines.
Other – 10%
16. Performs other related duties as assigned.
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Bachelor’s Degree in corporate communications, public relations, journalism or marketing communications, or related field
· Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in marketing communications/public relations with 3 to 4 years of that experience in emerging/social media
· Experience with creating, executing and managing viral/WOM public relations and marketing campaigns
· Experience in video photography and editing
· High level of competence with online analytic and tracking tools
· Strong track record in metrics-driven, high velocity environment
· Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
· Discretion to understand good stories, opportunities, and prospects as encountered in the emerging/social media world
· Ability to effectively manage multiple projects of importance, often with conflicting deadlines
· Willingness to take on work beyond the stated role to meet the needs of the business
They offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, a business-casual environment, and a convenient downtown location as well as a free on-site fitness center.
To be considered for employment with TransUnion, you must be able to pass a credit and criminal background check.
TransUnion is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; M/F/D/V. TransUnion values the advantages gained from a diverse workforce.
Apply for this position at www.transunion.com