Public Relations Specialist at WVU Hospitals
WVUH is recruiting a temporary Public Relations Specialist to support their Community Relations department.
In summary, this person would be responsible for the following:
- Writing articles for internal audiences
- Designing a monthly internal e-newsletter (using FrontPage)
- Creating and maintaining internal websites and editing web content
- Creating and maintaining screens for electronic billboards
- Designing and editing internal event flyers
- Supporting internal events, programs and campaigns
- Coordinating special events and community programs
- Supporting community initiatives
In addition to having excellent written and oral communication skills, this person should be proficient in the use of Microsoft FrontPage, Outlook, Word, Publisher, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as Adobe Photoshop and Acrobat. They need experience with graphic and web design, and content management systems.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism, communications or related field, is required.
- Minimum of three years experience in journalism, medical writing, science writing, public relations or communications required.
- Minimum of three years experience in event planning required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft FrontPage, Outlook, Word, Publisher, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as Adobe Photoshop and Acrobat.
- Experience with graphic and web design, and content management systems.
- Demonstrated website project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and proactively meet needs of varied audiences.
- Time management and organizational skills.
To apply, visit: http://wvuhealthcare.com/employment/work.aspx