Press office internship – Summer 2011 – Washington, D.C.
- complete daily media clips from state and national sources
- write and edit documents such as news releases, columns, talking points, memos, media advisories and outreach e-mails
- assist with the upkeep of our website, http://rockefeller.senate.gov
- assist with special projects including newsletters, video scheduling, setting up press conferences, and editing video and audio to send back to state
- track and monitor state and national press calls and assist with managing official press office e-mail account
Internship Duration: Summer, 2011. Specific dates are flexible.
Benefits/Pay: Unpaid. This is an incredible experience in our nation’s capital! Learn about government relations in a fast-paced environment. You will have daily interaction with reporters from the nation’s most popular media outlets and have the opportunity to write, edit, and work on special projects daily.
Deadline for application: May 13, 2011
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume and writing sample to email@example.com.
For more information contact:
Deputy Press Secretary
DC office of Senator Jay Rockefeller (D-WV)
531 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Opportunities may also be available in the Charleston, W.Va. office.