ripe.com is currently looking for a graphic/web design intern to work in the DC area this summer.
We’re a close knit group of designers doing top notch work in a fun, laid back environment. We’re a full service creative studio, meaning we do a bit of everything: branding, marketing, web design, packaging, promotional pieces, photography, video, etc. Our clients include everyone from local favorites like OYA Restaurant & Lounge and Farmers & Fishers to national and international organizations like the Art of Peace Foundation, Coca Cola, AIGA and more.
ripe.com is also the premier green design firm in DC. We offer sustainable design solutions to our clients that do not sacrifice quality or creativity. We have been asked to speak on green design by such organizations as the USGBC, and work locally with many green businesses and organizations. In fact, some of our work is soon to be featured in the Big Book of Green Design.
Want to know more about us? One of our past interns was kind enough to write a blog post about her experience at ripe, and you can read it here.
We’re looking for a college student or recent grad who wants to get a taste of what it’s like to design in the real world. You should be studying (or should have a degree in) design or a related art field, and a strong desire to pursue a career in design. This means if you’re just trying to figure out whether or not this field is for you, this position probably isn’t.
You should have a basic understanding of design principles and theory, typography, and hopefully a little web experience (if your professors aren’t teaching you web, tell them they should!). Also, and perhaps most importantly, you should be easy-going but you should still have a strong work ethic!
ABOUT THE JOB
Some monetary compensation is available, but we believe that your experience working with us is the true compensation. We’re looking for someone to do a little bit of everything around the studio. If we need some help with a website we’re working on, you’ll be helping with that. If we need help with a print piece, you’ll be helping with that. And, of course, there will be various admin-ey tasks that we will ask you to perform occasionally! It will be a mix. Now down to the nitty gritty:
- A good understanding of design principles and theory
- Experience in the following programs: Adobe Creative Suite (including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Flash)
- Experience working in Mac OS X
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good organizational and communication skills
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit your resume and cover letter to createwithus [at] ripe [dot] com
- You MUST include a digital portfolio with no less than 3 samples of past work OR a link to your portfolio site (if you have one)
- Provide brief descriptions of your involvement for each project
- No phone calls please
- Make sure you follow these steps! We tend to ignore people who don’t.
Please submit your resume before June 1st, 2010.