STS International, an innovative systems engineering and integration firm, is seeking a Technical Writer/ Editor to support the Biometrics Task Force (BTF), which is charged with coordinating biometrics activities amongst the services, standardizing application of biometrics across the department, identifying and evaluating new technologies, establishing biometrics policy, and sustaining the DoD’s central biometrics repository. This position is based in Clarksburg, WV.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities will include:
- Gathers, analyzes, translates and composes technical information into clear, readable documents to be used by technical and non-technical personnel.
- Composes technical documents including, user’s manuals, training materials, installation guides, proposals, and reports.
- Edits functional descriptions, systems specifications, user’s manuals, special reports and or any other customer deliverables and documents.
- Conducts research and ensures the use of proper technical terminology.
- Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum/General Experience: At least two years experience in technical writing and documentation. At least seven years experience is required if candidate does not possess an Associate’s degree.
- Must be proficient in MS Office applications to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Individual must have an active DoD Security Clearance. APPLICANTS SELECTED WILL BE SUBJECT TO A GOVERNMENT SECURITY INVESTIGATION AND MUST MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCESS TO CLASSIFIED INFORMATION.
If you wish to be considered for this position with STS, please forward your resume and Salary Requirements to email@example.com with “Technical Writer/Editor” in the subject line of your email.