This position will report directly to the Assistant Director – Communications at the NAFTC headquarters, located at Ridgeview Business Park.
Primary responsibilities will be to assist the Communications Department with all activities, including database development and maintenance, writing, copywriting, newsletter publications, proofreading/editing, web site development, the design and development of brochures and other printed collateral pieces, special events and many other special projects. Other responsibilities include assisting with any administrative functions of the NAFTC Headquarters. There will also be assignments on occasion made from the other Assistant Directors, as well as the Executive Director.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Access, Excel, and Word to create databases and spreadsheets and develop reports and forms.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have excellent ability to use the telephone to collect data and provide follow-up for collection of data.
- Must have ability to operate office machinery including personal computers, copy machines, office printers, fax machines, and telephones.
- Must be able to use Internet to perform research and work with new media/ marketing, such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Must show self-directedness and organizational skills.
- Must be able to pay close attention to detail, and meet project deadlines.
- Must have ability to work collaboratively with the NAFTC headquarters staff, NAFTC member institutions, other graduate assistants, and student employees.
- Light physical effort required involving stooping and bending; occasional lifting of lightweight objects (≤25 lbs.).
- Familiarity with automotive technology, particularly alternative fuels, or a demonstrated ability to learn such concepts rapidly with little assistance.
- Familiarity with Adobe InDesign, Adobe PhotoShop or other advanced publishing software products.
- Familiarity with Macromedia Dreamweaver or other web site design and development software.
- An interest in marketing and communications activities.
Judy Moore, Assistant Director, NAFTC
Ridgeview Business Park – 1100 Frederick Lane
Morgantown, WV 26508