Advising AppointmentsSchedule an appointment with your advisor
- Log into SSC using your WVU MyID.
- On the Student Home Screen, there is a Get Advising link (blue box in the upper
- Under ‘To Help you find a time….’, select ‘Reed Advising’ from the drop-down
- Then under ‘Choose from the following options’:
- If you want to schedule with your Academic Advisor, select ‘Reed Advising’ from the drop-down menu and hit the NEXT button.
- If you want to schedule with Eric Minor, select ‘Career Counseling’ from the drop-down menu and hit the NEXT button.
Under ‘Choose Location’, select ‘Reed College of Media Advising’ from the drop-down menu.
- Under ‘Which Advisor?’:
- Select your Academic Advisor for an advising appointment. You can find your academic advisor listed in DegreeWorks.
- Select Matthew (Eric) Minor for a Career Counseling appointment.
Advisor Locations (Martin Hall)
- Demetrius Greer (108B Martin Hall) –
- Aaron Hawley (104D Martin Hall) –
- Eric Minor (104B Martin Hall) – Eric.Minor@mail.wvu.edu
- Tricia Petty (104A Martin Hall) –
- Kayla Poling (104E Martin Hall) –
- Emily Roush (108A Martin Hall) – Emily.Roush@mail.wvu.edu
Advising schedule for Spring and Summer Registration (you will receive an email from your advisor to schedule an appointment)
Seniors graduating in December – no advising appointment needed!
Seniors graduating in May or August – Sept 25-29
Other Seniors, Athletes, Veterans and Exceptions – Oct 2-6
Juniors – Oct 9-13
Sophomores – Oct 16-20
Freshmen – Oct 23-27
When you can register for Spring 2018 and Summer 2018
You are eligible to register by WEB beginning on or after the specified dates listed below. The WEB will operate each week from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m., Monday through Saturday. Check your classification and register at the appropriate time. Exception groups will be notified by their department.
- Oct. 25 – Professional, Graduate, Honors-SR (based on years at WVU, not hours), and Exceptions, Law-L3
- Oct. 26 – Honors-JR (based on years at WVU, not hours), Law-L2
- Oct. 27 – Honors-SO (based on years at WVU, not hours), Law-L1
- Oct. 30 – Honors-FR (based on years at WVU, not hours)
- Oct. 31 – Seniors (90+ hours)
- Nov. 2 – Juniors (60 – 89 hours)
- Nov. 6 – Sophomores (30 – 59 hours)
- Nov. 8 – Freshmen (0 – 29 hours). Classifications are based on hours earned and hours in progress for Fall 2017 term.