- Advertising Minor
- Entertainment Media Minor
- Event Planning Minor
- Health Promotion Minor
- Interactive Media Design
- Media Entrepreneurship Minor
- Public Relations Minor
- Sport Communication Minor
- Strategic Social Media Minor
- Non-WVU Students
- Course Descriptions
- Academic Policies
Online Undergraduate MinorsIn today’s dynamic, media-saturated marketplace, students from a wide range of disciplines need strong communications skills to help them succeed. Our minors provide students outside the WVU Reed College of Media with relevant skills, while affording them the flexibility of online courses.
Learn more about our minors:
- Entertainment Media
- Event Planning
- Health Promotion
- Interactive Media Design*
- Public Relations
- Sport Communication**
- Strategic Social Media
* Offered in conjunction with the WVU College of Creative Arts, the interactive media design minor is open to both College of Media students and School of Art and Design students.
** Offered in conjunction with the WVU College of Physical Activity and Sport Science, the sport communication minor is a blended minor with online and on-campus courses. The minor is open to both College of Media students and non-journalism students.
Students who enroll in the College of Media’s online minors enjoy the benefits of:
- World-class faculty with years of industry experience
- Skills that set them apart from the competition
- One-year completion of curriculum (start in the fall, finish in the summer)
- Flexible course scheduling
Interested students should contact the College of Media’s Online Undergraduate Programs Team at 304-293-6783 or e-mail MediaCollegeOnline@mail.wvu.edu.
Online Courses for Non-WVU Students
The College of Media offers many opportunities for non-WVU students. Please visit the non-WVU students section of the website or contact the College of Media’s Online Undergraduate Programs Team at 304-293-6783 or MediaCollegeOnline@mail.wvu.edu for more information.
Online Master’s and Graduate Certificate Programs
The Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) master’s program at the College of Media is offered exclusively online, enabling students to earn their degrees in this fast-growing field from anywhere in the world. In addition to the full master’s degree program, the College also offers two graduate certificate programs. Working professionals can earn a five-course graduate certificate in Integrated Marketing Communications or in Digital Marketing Communications.