Potential College of Media graduates:
August 2017 commencement is approaching quickly, and the online application is now open! If you anticipate graduating in August, make sure to submit your graduation application by July 7, 2017 – no applications will be accepted after this date. If you have applied to graduate in a prior term but your degree was not granted, you have to submit a new graduation application for August 2017. Only students who will complete all degree requirements by the end of summer term are eligible for August graduation and should apply.
For those applying to August 2017 graduation, follow the steps below:
1. Log into the WVU Portal http://portal.wvu.edu
2. Click on the STAR tab
3. Click on the link “Click here to log into Degree Works”
4. Verify major(s), minor(s), and area of emphasis (if applicable) are correct
If you find an error:
1. Email Ronda Maxon(email@example.com) the details about what is incorrect in Degree Works
2. Do not apply for graduation. If information in Degree Works is incorrect, your application will have to be denied
3. If you have already applied and the information in Degree Works is wrong, please contact Ronda immediately
If everything is correct:
1. Go to the portal and click on the STAR Tab
2. Click “Student Services and Housing”
3. Click “Student Records”
4. Click “Apply to graduate”
You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org when your application is either approved or denied. Please add this email to your contacts to prevent it from going to SPAM.
If the address information listed on the application is incorrect, you must correct it in STAR. The address listed in STAR is where your diploma will be mailed.
If you have issues logging into your WVU Portal account, please contact the OIT help desk at (304) 293-4444.
about graduation certification should be directed to Ronda Maxon at
email@example.com. Questions about your coursework or incomplete
requirements should be directed to your academic advisor.