· Journalism – The Poynter Institute has posted links and application instructions for “37 Great Journalism Internships.” If you’re serious about a big-league summer internship, you should apply for these. Read the article and contact me if you need help with your application. http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/mediawire/272241/here-are-27-great-journalism-internships-and-fellowships-for-application-season/
· StratComm – The Pittsburgh Steelers are accepting applications for their Spring 2015 Marketing Internship. Unpaid, must earn college credit (JRL 441). 12 hours per week for 12 weeks. It’s intense, but what an opportunity! Apply here: http://footballjobs.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/r.cfm?i=72657
· StratComm – The Daily Athenaeum seeks 2 marketing and 2 PR interns to start as soon as possible. Interns are required to put in 2-3 hours per day. Positions are unpaid, but bonuses may be available. Send resumes and cover letters to Joanne Hunt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Sports Journalism – The Asian American Journalists Association is accepting applications for the 2015 Sports Journalism Institute. Open to sophomores, juniors and seniors. AAJA welcomes applicants from all diverse backgrounds—students do not have to be Asian American to apply. The Institute starts with training sessions from May 29-June 6 at the University of Missouri at Columbia and is then followed by PAID internships across the country. Upon completion, students can earn a $500 scholarship. Application deadline is Sunday, November 16th at 11:45 PST. APPLY HERE: https://aaja.wufoo.com/forms/2015-sports-journalism-institute-application/
· Photography— WVU Arts & Entertainment seeks PAID student photographer ($9.50/hour) to document performances and on-campus entertainment (FallFest, University Arts Series, concerts and comedians, etc.). Students would need to work an hour before the event, through the performance (or allotted photography window—usually the first 3 songs). Student would also need to upload photos to a gallery. Send an email expressing your interest to David Ryan (David.Ryan@mail.wvu.edu).
· Strat Comm –Fahlgren Mortine, a leading IMC firm based in Charleston, W.Va., is accepting applications for the spring semester. This is a 10-12 week program starting in January of 2015. Apply before November 7, 2014 by clicking here: https://careers-fahlgrenmortine.icims.com/jobs/1155/marketing-and-communications-intern/job?mobile=false&width=900&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false
· Broadcasting – Talk Radio WRNR in Martinsburg, WV is accepting applications for summer internships right now. Contact Eric Minor (Eric.Minor@mail.wvu.edu) for information on how to apply.
· StratComm – Cheat Canyon Adventures is seeking an Blog/Social Media/Promotions intern for Spring 2015. Work remotely from home computer. Estimated 11 hours per week. Send resume, cover letter (including info about why you’re interested in blogging) to Eric Lee at email@example.com. (Contact Eric Minor for full job description).
· ALL MAJORS – WVU Career Services Center seeks THREE interns for Spring 2015: A multi-media visual intern, an events/marketing intern and a professional writing/web content graduate intern. All three jobs are posted in MountaineerTRAK, but you can contact me for more information on all three.