Ryan’s Rally LLC is looking for a public relations intern to help manage their social networking. The intern would work 15-20 hours each week for eight weeks.
Ryan’s Rally is a fundraising effort to help support the cost of medical care for Ryan Diviney, a former WVU student who was brutally beaten in 2009 and has since been in a coma.
The intern will follow and show understanding of using social media to promote and advance business goals and objectives. The intern will interact and understand the relationships built between website design and content, Facebook Business (Fan) Pages, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, and other currently popular social media. The internship is unpaid.
This position is designed to provide participants with a foundation and skill set in the new, evolving world of social media tools and strategies so that they can immediately apply them in the workplace. Proficiencies and skills for the student:
1) Understand what social media is and why it is important,
2) Effectively use today’s most popular social media tools to build relationships and increase productivity,
3) Understand the importance of building an online community,
4) Create and execute impactful social media campaigns,
5) Recognize trends in mobile applications and how social media intersects with mobile technology,
6) Participate in a real world study (Ryan’s Rally LLC) of the effective use of social media within business-to-business and business-to-consumer settings, and
7) Integrate social media concepts into an organization’s overall marketing strategy.
The intern would work with Ryan Diviney’s sister, Kari, and report to his father, Ken. To apply, students should send their resume and a letter to Ken Diviney at Kdiviney@ryansrally.org as soon as possible.
The corporate office is in Sterling, Virginia and can be reached at (703) 789-7260.