MedExpress is a walk-in medical care clinic headquartered in Morgantown, WV.
The person in this internship, under close supervision, will perform entry level professional duties of moderate difficulty providing the opportunity for professional training in the area of marketing. He or she will also perform assigned duties to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures and standards required for successful performance.
- Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring, Friendly.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, and well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs.
- Through genuine and positive communication, makes each customer feel informed, understood, and special.
- Is an effective team player who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
- Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion.
- Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals.
- Performs duties such as gathering and organizing data to provide information for departmental special projects or reports.
- Coordinates and maintains all project-related correspondence.
- Coordinates with and/or assists professional-level employees with responsibilities.
- Utilizes social media and department-specific software to complete assignments.
- Conducts research in regards to new market entry such as laws around “urgent care” nomenclature, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned to gain practical experience and broad exposure to a professional work environment.
- Works with senior leadership and other high-level employees to accomplish tasks and complete projects.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university. A major in Marketing, Communications, etc. with a research-based background is preferred.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, customer service, communication, and planning skills.
- Ability to share knowledge and work in a strong team oriented environment.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously, while maintaining relationships and functionality across departments.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.