The United Way of Mon and Preston Counties has an opening for a full-time Resource Development Director to develop and implement a comprehensive annual fundraising plan. Ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years successful fundraising experience including major gift solicitation and working with a variety of clients and media. Must be well-organized, have experience with planning special events, possess excellent networking, marketing, communication, and public speaking skills. Use of spreadsheets and word-processing software is essential. Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience required. Send resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, to Brandi Potock at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, July 16th.
Media College eNews
The Houston Astros, located in Houston, Texas, are looking for well-qualified candidates to join their team as interns in the following areas: Accounting/Finance, Ballpark Entertainment/ Productions, Community Affairs, Decision Sciences, Facility Management, Foundation Development, Graphics, Groundskeeping, Guest Services, Human Resources, Marketing, Market Development, Media Relations, Risk Management, Special Events (sales), Special Events (operations), Sponsorships, Ticket Sales and Service, Tours, and Urban Youth Academy.
If you are interested in these positions, please follow the link provided below:
Internships – Fall 2012 – Houston Astros Baseball Club (Houston, Texas)
WTRF-TV, a WV Media station in Wheeling, WV with a CBS, FOX and ABC affiliation, has openings for a Digital Journalist. This person will write stories and produce various newscasts. Duties will include shooting, editing, ingesting, writing, reporting and running SNG & ENG vehicles in the Upper Ohio Valley. A college degree and prior linear & non-linear editing preferred, but will train the right candidate. To apply send cover letter and resume to Human Resources, WTRF-TV, PO Box 11848, Charleston, WV 25339 or email to email@example.com. No phone calls please. WTRF-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Are you a visual storyteller who has the talent and desire to capture stories through video and photography? Are you someone who loves to work collaboratively and enjoys a demanding and high-energy workplace? The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is looking for a talented still and video photographer who can help us tell the many great stories that happen on campus. Your work will be used in our alumni publications, on the Web, and in other campus publications. This position is 50 percent video work and 50 percent still photography. We need someone who can handle both mediums with equal skill.
This person will be an important part of the Marketing and Media Relations team and must have the ability to collaborate with many campus clients. The newest team member must understand our campus culture and be able to translate that culture in a visual medium. The job requires some weekends and nights and occasional travel. Our newest visual storyteller will have the ability to not only shoot high-quality footage and photos, but also to be able to edit both still photos and videos. This person will also understand how to use video and photo editing software and archiving.
This is an academic staff appointment and a successful candidate must have at least a bachelor’s degree.
Students registered for summer classes should check their MIX for messages from Student Accounts. Students who have not paid their bills in full will be dropped on the following dates:
Students who registered for classes but decided not to enroll should send an email from MIX to firstname.lastname@example.org with the message “Not Returning” so tuition and fee charges can be cleared from your account. Be sure to include your name and last 4 digits of your WVU ID in the e-mail.
The Northern WV Brownfields Assistance Center (NBAC) is seeking a graduate assistant beginning Fall 2012 to perform the following duties:
– Work with the WV WRI Outreach Director to develop a multi-media strategy for sharing the stories of brownfields projects;
– Assist in completing project profiles including documentation of project stories, including:
– - Interviews with project stakeholders, and
– - Investigative research on complex historical documents related to the project;
– Assist in the creation of written content for brownfields project and community outreach and through varied media, including:
– - NBAC website,
– - Newsletters to assorted constituents,
– - Community-specific news updates,
– - Program and project blogs, and
– - Other creative communication avenues;
– Assist in the drafting of press releases on NBAC and project-specific activities; and
– Provide additional program support as needed.
Applicants should be a full-time graduate student in journalism, marketing, integrated media marketing, public relations, or related field.
The Mountaineer Career Ambassador program is designed to provide career-development assistance to WVU students on a peer-to-peer level. MCAs are trained to participate in specific areas of the Career Services Center (CSC) including: student resume reviews, conducting mock interviews, assisting students with MountaineerTRAK, assisting with seminars and workshops, and supporting the annual events in the office including multiple career fairs per semester.
Fall 2012 Mountaineer Career Ambassadors (MCAP) Program:
Position Responsibilities *
– Commit to 3 hours per week at the Career Service Center for at least one full semester
– Assist CSC administration with all components of academic courses, seminars, and guest lectures
– Help develop strategies to increase student enrollment in courses
– Present career-related material through guest lectures in WVUe 191, capstone courses, residence halls and student/community organizations
– Assist with career courses offered by the CSC
– Advise students and alumni regarding career planning, resume/cover letter writing, and interviewing techniques
– Conduct individual mock interviews
– Assist with all phases of career fair and event planning
– Perform research and report market trends in various industries and to CSC administrators and career counselors
Canvas is a digital agency seeks a project manager to help lead web and mobile innovation projects.
Canvas is made up of talented, passionate and thoughtful people. We create innovative web and mobile experiences for leading brands like Showtime, BBC, Credit Suisse and Estee Lauder. If you thrive on diversity, collaboration and bagels, read on.
We’re on the search for an outstanding project manager that can lead a team through the ins and outs of product design and development, and ultimately to a smooth delivery and launch. You’ll spend your days working with senior project managers to align the efforts of a team of designers, engineers and testers with the needs of high-profile clients. If the following sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.