OUR TIME is an organization with more than 400,000 members that encourages young Americans to drive their future as active voters and thoughtful consumers. We are approaching this mission by leveraging pop-culture, online brands, and retail partnerships toward attracting audience as opposed to assuming our generation is already interested in the public policy process.
Once members join, we:
- Educate them via a daily email regarding the must-know news issues affecting their lives
- Register them to vote & advocate for national service jobs in partnership with celebrity, sports & music outlets
- Encourage them to “Buy Young” from companies started by Americans under age 30
A key focus in 2012 is explaining major political issues to our generation in partnership with notable leaders in politics, entertainment, sports, and music. We are specifically aligning ourselves with these leaders to participate in on-camera conversations about the key issues facing young Americans (jobs, voting, education, etc.). So far, we have recorded videos with Usher, Larry David, Nancy Pelosi, Rachel Zoe, Nas, Trey Songz, and Jessica Alba among others. These videos will be highly promoted through exclusive media partnerships with Huffington Post, Yahoo, Tumblr, Karmaloop, as well as on our own social media properties.
We are also registering thousands of young Americans to voice via our new voter registration tool which is live (www.ourtime.org/vote) and we are beginning to embed the tool on our partner sites. It is currently on Funny Or Die and will be on Huffington Post, Tumblr, and many others… Our strategy is to meet our generation where we live [online] and to reduce expensive grassroots voter registration costs by saturating our tool, content and message in every populated medium possible.
We are currently seeking two fall interns to help take our online and social media operation to the next level by translating key issues that affect the millennial generation disseminating it to our social media and other internet channels, growing our vastvolunteer program, researching and producing documents on key issues relevant to OUR TIME’s mission, updating OUR TIME’s public documents and other editorial content, and additional projects as necessary to ensure we reach our goal of one million petition signatures for our national service jobs campaign—and thousands of online partnerships for our voter registration outreach efforts.
- MUST have experience with social media distribution
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent with social media
- Comfort in a fast paced campaign style environment
- Good relationship building skills
- Keen interest in our mission to promote economic and voter empowerment for all young Americans
- Good sense of humor
A stipend will be provided.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to Johanna@ourtime.org with the subject heading “OUR TIME FALL INTERNSHIP APPLICATION”