Student Intern, volunteer position
Communications and Alumni Affairs office
WVU College of Physical Activity & Sport Sciences
Summer 2012, beginning immediately, with possible extension through 2012-2013 academic year, based on student’s performance and availability.
Preferred start date is June 1, 2012.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following: * CPASS news magazine-Intern will research and write articles; interact with faculty and staff. * Media relations/communications-Research and write news releases; interact with WVU News & Info Services. * Alumni relations & event planning-Help with event arrangements; contact guests/alumni via phone and email to confirm event details; prepare event flyers, letters, invitations. * External communications-Interact with other University representatives, vendors related to event planning, printing projects, etc. * Faculty and academic programs communications-Provide project support for various areas as needed. * Social media-Oversee Facebook, Twitter and other social media efforts.
- Student should be available an average of 8-10 hours per week.
- Most assignments may be submitted electronically; other work may be conducted at the CPASS communications office as needed.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, to include Word and Excel, required.
- Editing and writing skills required.
- Strong Internet research skills and social media knowledge preferred.
- Submit resume and 3-4 writing samples for consideration.
- Personal interview required.
Please send your resume and any other questions to:
Communications & Alumni Relations