The WVU School of Pharmacy is seeking a Public Relations intern. This is a paid position where the intern will gain valuable experience in public relations and communications while learning to produce information to promote the School of Pharmacy. This position reports to the School’s Director of Public Relations and Alumni Affairs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interview students, faculty, and staff to obtain content for publications and press releases
- Write articles for WVU School of Pharmacy publications
- Compose press releases
- Write web content when needed
- Compile press clippings
- Help coordinate and attend various School programs and events
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to translate detailed scientific concepts to lay audience
- Knowledge of and proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of AP writing style
- Specialization in Public Relations or Journalism fields of study
Some evening and weekend work is required.
Candidate will need to have a reliable form of transportation to attend off-site events when needed.
Hours: 8-10 hours per week
Salary: $10.00 per hour
Please e-mail a cover letter, resume, and three writing samples no later than Thursday, June 30, to Mrs. Amy Newton, Director of Public Relations and Alumni Affairs, West Virginia University School of Pharmacy, at email@example.com.