ATTENTION ALL SOJ UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS:
Each spring, the SOJ also offers a limited number of Student Enhancement Awards, cash awards to students who have secured major-market journalism internships or have been accepted in a journalism study-abroad programs. Awards typically range from $500 to $1,000.
To be eligible, an applicant must:
– be a full-time student in the School of Journalism;
– be an undergraduate during the study or internship program;
– have completed at least 6 hours of journalism coursework;
– have a cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.0 or higher;
– have already been accepted for and made a commitment to participate in a study abroad program or an internship that requires traveling or living away from home and working in a metropolitan market.
DEADLINE is April 30, 2001!