Sponsored by The Fund for American Studies in partnership with Georgetown University, Capital Semester combines substantive internships, courses for academic credit, professional development activities, site briefings and lectures led by prominent policy experts. Students choose between two tracks – public policy and political journalism.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the final deadline of June 1, 2010 for Fall 2010; however, the early deadline for 5% off the tuition balance and priority consideration for acceptance and internship placement is March 1, 2010. The early deadline for Spring 2011 is October 1, 2010. There is a substantial amount of scholarship funding available, and awards are made based on financial need and merit.
Capital Semester combines hands-on professional experience for 25 hours a week with a challenging academic experience. This fast-paced, residential program provides students from around the world with the opportunities to gain an edge in today’s competitive job market and graduate school admissions, and experience the excitement of Washington first-hand.
· Internships – Competitive placements with government agencies, Congressional Offices, public policy groups, international affairs organizations, media outlets and nonprofit organizations
· Classes – 12 transferable credits from Georgetown University
· Housing – Roommate matching and furnished Capitol Hill apartments in the heart of D.C.
· Guest Lectures – With Washington’s top policy and industry experts
· Site Briefings – At the World Bank, State Department, U.S. Capitol and Federal Reserve
· Leadership & Professional Development – Leadership, mentoring and career building activities
· Networking – Interaction with seasoned professionals and student leaders from around of the world
· Scholarships – Generous scholarships are awarded based on merit and financial need
For more information and an online application, please visit our website www.DCinternships.org/CS. Should you have any questions, please email Dana Faught at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-741-6964.