INSTITUTE ON POLITICAL JOURNALISM
June 6 – July 31, 2010
Georgetown University, Washington, DC
Sponsored by The Fund for American Studies in partnership with Georgetown University, the Institute combines substantive internships, courses for academic credit, career development activities, site briefings and lectures led by working journalists. This fast-paced, eight-week residential program provides students from around the world with opportunities to gain the edge in today’s competitive job market and graduate school admissions, and experience the excitement of Washington first-hand.
- Internships – Competitive placements with top news and media organizations as well as PR and communications firms
- Classes – Up to 9 transferable credits from Georgetown University
- Housing – Roommate matching and furnished on-campus apartments in the heart of D.C.
- Guest Lectures – With Washington’s top print and broadcast journalists
- Exclusive Briefings – National Press Club, State Department and Capitol Hill
- Leadership & Professional Development – Leadership, mentoring and career building activities
- Networking – Interaction with seasoned professionals and other student journalists from around of the world
- Scholarships – Over half of all students receive full or partial funding based on merit and financial need
Last summer our students interned with NBC Nightly News, the Washingtopost.com, The Washington Examiner, Edelman Public Relations, The World Wildlife Fund, Telemundo, the Washington Times along with many other top notch outlets and organizations.
Students will be accepted in a rolling basis until the Final Deadline of March 5, 2010. Students applying by the Priority Deadline of February 5, 2010 will be given preference in admissions and scholarship decisions as well as priority internship placement.
Please click here to request an informational brochure: https://www.DCinternships.org/tfas/brochure/index.asp