Have your written voice heard by millions of viewers and build your portfolio. What matters to you most at this critical time in your life? Submit a 400- to 800-word article on one of the following topics:
- A key racial, gender or sexual issue either on your own campus or at another college across town or across the country
- A controversial national political topic about which you have strongly held beliefs and possible solutions
- An influential role model in a passionate field of interest—anything from sports to music, business to politics and beyond
The grand-prize winner will take home
- $500 cash
- An all-expense-paid trip to UPI’s national headquarters in Washington, DC to work with key UPI personnel and to have lunch at the National Press Club
- An opportunity for international exposure and local press through a byline seen by millions of readers at upi.com
We actively seek op-ed submissions that include current facts relevant to your chosen topic; ask yourself:
- Does it convey vital facts within an imaginatively told story?
- Is it engaging, with clarity of purpose clearly conveyed?
- Does it insightfully contribute to our understanding of your chosen issue or person?
all submissions are due by Sunday evening, November 15th. Grand-prize and runner-up winners will be announced on December 11th.
For more information go to http://www.uwemp.com/